- Contact Us
- After school programmes
- Community Programmes
- Other sites
Ready Steady Tap! for pre-schoolers
This programme provides Information and Communication Technology (ICT) learning opportunities to pre-schoolers in the community and their parents.
Together parents and pre-schoolers:
- Play and learn together onsite at pre-school or in a new environment.
- Experience using one of our iPads.
- Create digital paintings.
- Experience using the in-built digital camera.
- Discover fun and stimulating activities through the internet and develop fundamental skills and vocabulary in context to ICT.
Suitable for children aged 4 years (with parent/caregiver), with a maximum of six children per course.
4 Session course (45 minutes per session), cost is $15 per child.
Bookings are required. Phone (03) 941 5140 or email email@example.com for dates and times.
Since the closing down of South Library and the Learning Centre, our programmes have been more mobile in nature. Our preschool programme originally called Ready Steady Click has been updated and renamed to emphasize the change from mouse clicking to finger tapping on our new iPads. These programmes are in pilot stages but as you can see these 4 year olds and their teachers had huge fun when a trip was made out to their preschool recently. They are having fun taking pictures of themselves and using apps such as Doodle Buddie (one of the many fun apps we have installed).
For more information on other Library pre-school programmes go to: